Landscape lighting is one of the best ways to make your home safer and more appealing. You can highlight your home’s best features and light the way to your entry for guests, all while eliminating dark hiding spots for unwelcome visitors.
- Step back from your home so you can see the whole house and yard in daylight and at night.
- Do you have elegant brickwork, bay windows or a verandah to showcase?
- Are there fountains, pools or other features you’d like to show at night?
- Is your home beautifully landscaped? Are there trees or plantings you’d like to shower with attention?
- How well-lit are your doors, pathways, steps and parking from the street?
One benefit of pathway lighting is that it can radiate several feet. You can install solar-powered walkway lamps that are attractive and affordable.
Spot lights can be put low on the ground or high on a wall, or they can hang from the eaves of your home to focus on specific features. Each light provides unique shadows and can bring architectural and landscaping features center stage.
On the ground, install flood lights that shoot light up against your home, bushes or trees. Motion detectors can flood the area with light which discourages pests.
Outdoor lighting can make your home more attractive at night, but it can also make your home more attractive to future homebuyers, as a beauty and safety feature. And that’s always a good investment.