- Inventory of Competition is Lower. Your house stands out better with less to choose from. Your odds of selling may actually go UP during this time of year. Many people feel just like you…and don’t understand that there will be a FLOOD of new listings on the market after the holidays that can cause you to get “lost in the crowd”. Listing now means more serious buyers per house for sale.
- Only the SERIOUS Buyers are out in the Fall/Winter. Fewer may be looking but you are more likely to get a contract from those that do come through! Think about how fantastic it will be to have this all finished when others are just getting started.
- Taking Photos in the Fall…Can be a big asset, as they look great on your MLS, and flyers…before exterior plantings die off.
- Home May Show Better While Decorated. Your house may look better now than any other time of year! Why not have potential buyers see it at it’s best? Fireplaces, evergreens, scented candles…All add to the beauty inside when it’s not so pretty outside. Contrast can equal a contract!
- It’s OK to have specific “no showings” times during holidays. Lockboxes can be locked, emptied of keys or removed. Just because you’re planning a few holiday events is no reason to delay being on the market for the whole winter season.
- Houses Feel More Like “Homes.” When you come in from the cold weather, this cozy feeling causes emotions in a Buyer you can’t get other times of the year. “Home sweet home” is never sweeter than now!
- Online Searches Go Way Up. People stay home more in colder weather and with today’s technology and my expertise in marketing your house online, the chances you get seen and sold are improved.
- Buyers Who Buy Closer to the End of the Year, may pay closer to full price than other times, as they are often buying under a deadline. They have less time to negotiate and less inventory to choose from…getting you the BEST price.
- Buyers have more Day-Times off during Mid-November through January. Increasing serious buyer traffic during normal business hours vs. showings during your evenings and weekends.
- Buyers at this Time often have an “urgency factor”. Many employers want new hires to start in January, so they can’t wait to buy your house. If you don’t list until after January 1, you might miss out on those buyers. They can’t buy yours if it’s not on the market.
- Late Occupancies are Common During this Time. Some buyers that need to buy by the end of the year don’t have to occupy the house right away, allowing you a real win-win. They win with lower interest rates now, and you could negotiate your move for later.
- Decreased Demand On Housing Professionals, lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers and other vendors during this time can cause your escrow processing time to be smoother and easier than during busier times.
The bottom line is that if your house isn’t available, you may miss YOUR perfect buyer. If you know you want to sell, don’t wait. “You can’t win if you don’t play” as they say.
Call Tyler Ohta, Golf Home Pro today, 571-337-0719!